The Lions Eye Institute recently published its inaugural impact report for 2021 together with its annual report.
With the support of our donors, in 2021 we achieved many firsts for Western Australia including:
- Establishing Western Australia’s first diabetic paediatric eye initiative in collaboration with Perth Children’s Hospital.
- Receiving support to purchase the State’s first Stem Cell Robot.
- Opening the State’s first dedicated eye clinic in Broome to service rural and remote communities in the North West of Western Australia.
- Celebrating the State’s first optometry students in partnership with the University of Western Australia.
- Establishing partnerships with UWA and Curtin University to build on existing eye research capacity in Western Australia.
If you would like to know more, read the full publication by downloading it from our Resources and Publications page (scroll to Annual, Financial and Impact Reports).