Open Day 2018
Learn all about the eye at the Lions Eye Institute (LEI) Open Day on Saturday, October 20 from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
This year’s Open Day will feature interactive displays from a number of LEI research groups showcasing the latest in cutting edge eye science with a focus on eye genetics, DNA testing, stem cell technology, gene therapy and clinical trials.
Displays on offer:
- Experience being inside the eye using virtual reality technology.
- Learn how the LEI uses skin samples to grow eye cells in petri dishes.
- Vision impairment glasses will show you how different eye diseases affect eyesight.
- Chat with LEI Managing Director Professor David Mackey.
- Games prizes and raffles.
- Special offers on eye tests with the Lions Optics team.
- Learn about the ATOM study and how we’re tackling short-sightedness is children.
- Get a close look at a real eyeball.
- Make damper with our Outback Vision team and learn more about their work in remote WA.
- Learn more about our ‘Surfer’s eye’ clinical trial and many more.
The Open Day is free and all are welcome.
Saturday 20th October
9:30am – 12:30pm
2 Verdun St, Nedlands WA 6009