Lions Optics is a one-stop optics shop.
Closely affiliated with the Lions Eye Institute, and housed in the same premises, Lions Optics is a not-for-profit Optometrist. All profits generated through its sales are directed to the Lions Eye Institute to fund eye research.
Lions Optics provides a wide range of optical services and products including:
- Comprehensive eye testing, including Retinal Photography
- Medicare bulk-billing in most instances
- Broad range of both budget and designer frames
- Private health cover direct claiming facility (HICAPS)
- Referrals to eye specialists
- Selection of magnifiers and low vision aids
- Contact lens dispensing
- Spectacle repairs and adjustments.
As a result of its close association with the Lions Eye Institute, Lions Optics is familiar with, and takes pride in filling, the sometimes unusual prescriptions that can come its way from LEI eye specialists.
With its own laboratory technician, Lions Optics is able to undertake lens fitting and cut-downs onsite.
Staff are trained to repair and adjust eyeglasses, and offer spectacle servicing which includes ultrasonic cleaning and structural realignment.
Lions Optics also carries an array of glasses and sunglasses frames, magnifying glasses, safety and sports frames, and accessories.